- 1 Wikipedia is a free
- 2 Why is Wikipedia so popular?
- 3 Who is the founder of Wikipedia?
- 4 What is the meaning of Wikipedia?
- 5 How does Wikipedia work?
- 6 Services provided by Wikipedia
- 7 How to Create an account on Wiki
If someone wants to find information on the Internet, then he must definitely go to Wikipedia once. Because you search for anything in any search engine, then you will definitely get to see the links of Wikipedia. Now the question arises what is this Wikipedia and how to use it.
There are many such wikis on the whole Internet, but the most popular among them is Wikipedia. This is a very large Online Encyclopedia. There are more than crores of articles in it and along with that thousands more are added daily. It is so popular that even the experts have given it a place in the top 100 websites of the world.
Despite such a large online free source like Wikipedia, if people do not come to use it, then it will be very complicated. So today I thought, why should you provide complete information about what is Wikipedia and how to create an account in it, so that you will get to know about it. Then let’s start without delay.
Wikipedia is a free
Wikipedia is a free, open content online encyclopedia that has been created with the concerted efforts of many users. Then what are such community users called?
The answer is – Wikipedians. These are the people who take their time and prepare the content according to their expertise. Also, if there is a need for improvement in an article, it is also done by these people.
Wikipedia is not the work of any single person, but people from all corners of the world are connected to it and incorporate their knowledge into it.
If any person is registered in this site, then he can also create an article in it and publish it. The name of this site comes from a server program called Wiki, which enables anyone to edit web site content from their web browser.
Many people are constantly trying to improve how Wikipedia can be improved, for which they are constantly changing the articles. All these changes are recorded in article histories and recent changes.
Why is Wikipedia so popular?
The main reason why Wikipedia is so popular is that it is very easy to use it, while its core is also very simplicity. Saying simplicity means that it is very easy to use it like email or blogs.
Like these, wikis also work in a very simple and accessible way. Wiki allows people to come to its edit section, while they can make the necessary changes according to their expertise. But these changes will be published in the site only when a moderator checks their authenticity and allows them.
is that all. It is so much easier to read, edit and publish, everyone wants to use it. Wherever you want, you can add any new thing that you should be thinking about.
Who is the founder of Wikipedia?
Wikipedia was launched in January 15, 2001. Its founders are Jimmy Wales and Larry Sanger. It was Sanger who named it.
What is the meaning of Wikipedia?
Wiki was first introduced by a computer programmer like a lexicon, his name was Ward Cunningham and this is from 1995. This is what happened when he created a collaborative software called WikiWikiWeb. Wiki is an Hawaiian word meaning “fast;” quick. ”or soon in Hindi, immediately.
wiki means “a website that allows anyone to add, delete or revise any content using a web browser.”
How does Wikipedia work?
If you want to understand how Wikipedia works, then you have to understand how its community works. At the core of Wikipedia is its community.
Nearly millions of people visit wikipedia every month, and together they form the community of Wikipedia.
All those people who visit the Wikipedia site play a character of their own. for example,
- Most people who visit Wikipedia are readers. They especially come to read articles on Wikipedia.
- Some people who come to Wikipedia become writers here. They either make necessary changes in the mehjuda article or write a new article which is not already in Wikipedia.
- Some people become editors there. If they see any error appearing on a page, then only then they correct it. If small changes can happen in someplace through them, then they do it at the same time.
- Some people who have been continuously contributing to the Wikipedia community for a long time,
Wikipedia also provides administrator rights. With these rights they can do many things such as delete and undelete pages, block and unblock IP addresses, etc.
Writers, editors, and admins all work together, so that they can solve almost all problems because such problems are common in an open platform such as Wikipedia. At the same time, he also writes good and good in-depth articles.
TIP If you want to understand how the community works, then you have to add it to wikipedia, and you will understand everything on your own.
What happens if Wikipedia changes the page?
If you want to understand in the right way how the wiki community works, then you must go to wikipedia and do something for it. So what happens after doing this
- You have to go to Wikipedia and find a topic about which you know something.
- Then you have to search for that page and then you will have to read that page in wikipedia.
- After this, you have to find something that you feel is missing in that article, or something that you think is written incorrectly there.
- Make the necessary edits on this page, while clicking on “Edit this page”, make the necessary changes.
- Submit your change.
- Then all you have to do is leave a couple of days and come back and see what happened to that change.
Now if you are wondering how the Wikipedia community will react to your change. So there is no need to worry. Because this thing takes some time. And if your things are right then they will approve it, while if it is not right then your things will be removed.
At the same time, even if your writing sally is not right, then it can be rejected. Like this, your change will either be accepted, or it will be altered or it will be rejected.
Similarly, the pages of wikipedia always expand and change all the time.
Now it may be a question that arises in your mind that some community get to know about your change. So the answer is that there are many tools that let the community know about the change.
What are Wikipedia’s Community Tools?
Once you have made the necessary changes, then you can click on “History” in the top tabs of the article. Here you are shown the entry of the change you have made, on which page it has been done (where your IP address is also recorded if you have submitted it anonymously). All these things are recorded in the system. In other words, every page in Wikipedia has a revision history that anyone can see.
At the same time, the list of all changed pages is also compiled and kept in the Recent Changes page. Any person can see which pages have been changed at any time.
What is Wikipedia’s watchlist?
Wikipedia has an even more personal tool called watchlist. So let’s now know how it works:
Let’s assume that you created a new article topic in Wikipedia, and while you made some important changes in an article. Once you have done this, then it can happen that you have some attachment to that article, or have some interest. In such a situation, you would like to know what is the reaction of people and who is making changes in it.
If you want to know this thing then you have to add that page to your watchlist, from this you will get notification every time there is a change in it.
Services provided by Wikipedia
Along with its encyclopedia in Wikipedia, this non-profit Wikipedia foundation takes care of other open-content projects, including:
- Wiktionary, a dictionary and thesaurus
- Wikibooks, a collection of all free texts and other books
- Wikiquote, a collection of quotations
- Wikisource, a collection of all free source documents
- Wikiversity, a collection of all free learning materials
- Wikispecies, a directory of all species
- Meta-Wiki coordinates with all other projects.
- How to create an account on Wikipedia
- Now let’s know how to create your account in Wikipedia
How to Create an account on Wiki
Then you have to click in the link “Create One” which is above the boxes.
Clicking this will take you to the account creation page.
Captcha is now being used in Wikipedia to prevent spamming computer activated programs. Here you have to use the correct captcha code, if you do not understand then you can also refresh the image. Then once you fill it, you can go to the next step.
You will have to read all the text which are rich under the boxes.
Then you have to enter your desired user name in the “Username” box. This will be the name of your account.
- You can make an anagram of your name only, that means you can rearrange those letters. Here you can do this to your real name.
- You can use your social media for this. If you have a social media account, then you can also use that username, just note that it has not been used before.
- You can also think creatively. As if your interest is in technology, then you can choose a suitable username according to the same interest.
- Do not choose a username that promotes other business, this can also block you admin.
- Then enter your password in the “Password:” box.
Keep in mind that you remember your password. But it should not be so easy that anyone guess it.
- Then you have to re-enter the same password, in the “Confirm Password:” box.
- After this, if you want, you can also add your e-mail address in the “E-mail” box.
- After this, all you have to do is click on the “Create account” button.
Then you get ready as an account. Congratulations! Now you have become a registered user in Wikipedia!
Can I also create my own Wikipedia?
The answer is yes and no. Yes, because it is an information database, if you want, you can make it from category wise. But for this you should have such a big team, together you should have such a big infrastructure. So it is not so easy for a new man if there are no big investors behind him.
At the same time, when there is already such a big website like Wikipedia, Mehjud is also in many different languages, and this is the best thing open source, so it is almost impossible to compete with it. At the same time, it is better to think about something that is already mehjud than to think about something new. You can definitely get success in this.
I hope you have liked this article, what is Wikipedia. It has always been my endeavor to provide complete information to the readers about how to create an account on Wikipedia, so that they do not have to search on other sites or the internet in the context of that article.
This will also save their time and they will also get all the information in one place. If you have any doubts about this article or you want that there should be some improvement in it, then for this you can write low comments.
If you liked this post-Wikipedia and how to create an account in Hindi or liked to learn something, then please share this post on social networks such as Facebook, Google+ and Twitter, etc.